16 Adventures to Enjoy in 2016
Our resolution for 2016 is to make this year even better than the last, and with all of the adventures in and around Afton, VA, it won’t be a difficult resolution to keep. Our blog is chock full of fun adventures for you to enjoy throughout the year, and we’ve narrowed it down to 16 possibilities for you to experience on your next getaway to Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast. Without further ado (and in no particular order), here they are:
1. The Brew Ridge Trail: Explore and enjoy some of the best craft beers in Virginia along this brewery trail.
2. Polo at King Family Vineyards, Roseland: Begins May, 2016. Sip your King Family wine while you enjoy a polo match.
3. Starry Nights at Veritas Vineyard and Winery, Afton: Beginning in summer of 2016, you can lie out under the stars with a glass of wine in hand and live music serenading you.
4. The Virginia Festival of the Book, Charlottesville: Taking place on March 16-20, 2016, this is a must-visit for every book lover.
5. Paulie’s Pig-Out, Afton: Treat yourself to mouthwatering pulled pork, smoked chicken, coleslaw, baked beans, macaroni & cheese and more.
6. Silverback Distillery, Afton: Taste the whisky, bourbon, vodka, and gin at Afton, VA’s very first distillery.
7. The Blue Ridge Tunnel, Crozet: Grab your camera and a pair of sturdy shoes, and pay a visit to this beautifully historic tunnel, which, for its time, was the longest railroad tunnel in the U.S.
9. Pick your own fruit at a local orchard: Fruit never tastes better than when freshly plucked from the source.
10. A winery trail ride: Wine-tasting by horseback? Yes, please!
12. Ghosts of Staunton Walking Tour: Prepare for Halloween with a fascinating tour of the Queen City’s historically haunted sites, starting October, 2016.
13. The Charlottesville Downtown Mall: Browse the array of restaurants, art galleries, downtown shops, and live performances at this historic outdoor mall.
14. Michie Tavern, Charlottesville: Get a taste of 18-century tavern life at this historic restaurant.
15. The Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello, Charlottesville: September 10, 2016
16. A chauffeured brewery and winery tour: Visit our local wineries and breweries with your very own designated driver.