The 12 Beers of Christmas at Devils Backbone
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…a Pear Lager from Devils Backbone Brewery.” What? That’s not the way you learned the song? Well, that’s the way Devils Backbone Brewing Company is singing it during this holiday season. Starting this Saturday, December 13, 2014, and running through December 24, Devils Backbone will be celebrating the 12 Beers of Christmas. Each day will feature a Devils Backbone brew at a special price:
1) Pear Lager from DB: Here’s your chance to try a unique, fruit beer. “It’s light bodied but not thin, aromatic but not pungent, has flavor but is not cloying, not sweet but not bone dry either. I think it's a great example of a lager brewed with fruit.”
2) Dopple Vienna Bocks: This brew was created to celebrate Devils Backbone’s 6th anniversary, and it’s a “fuller bodied, stronger version of [their] award winning amber lager.”
3) Striped Bass: This is a refreshing pale ale with a “light body & pleasant hop bouquet.”
4) New World Pilsners: You won’t want to miss out on “North America's only commercially available native hop variety.”
5) Gold Leaf Lagers: You know you’re getting a treat with this gold medal-winning brew—light bodies, subtle flavors, and a satisfying crisp and dry finish.
6) Vienna Lager: This brew has won both silver and gold and offers “subtle malt flavors with hints of caramel and toast.”
7) Schwartz Biers: The Schwartz is a black bier with toasted malts and a roasted flavor.
8) Eight Point IPA: This American style IPA presents floral and citrus flavors and an “intense hoppy finish.”
9) Ginger Hop IPA: Once upon a time, ginger and hops combined to create a unique India Pale Ale.
10) Carob Porter: This a rich, chocolate beer that is absolutely perfect for the holiday season.
11) Old Glen: This Old Ale awards a “sweet malty aroma with notes of toffee and caramel.”
12) Bier De Noel: This is a Belgian style Christmas ale that will help to make the season bright—“traditional mulling spices of cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, clove, and orange peel blend with fruity notes.”
As Devils Backbone says, “Beery Christmas!”
Graphic by Tara Stoll